One of my fav yoga spots: Santa Monica Power Yoga

This week was one of those weeks where I couldn't tear myself away from the computer screen at work. Late nights have caused me to get no sleep, headaches, and sore eyes from working on Excel. To say the least, it's been a very difficult, stressful, and busy week. It was so busy that I wasn't able to do yoga in the evenings for my usual routines. So when Thursday rolled around and I was able to get out of work at a decent hour, my boyfriend and I immediately trotted down to one of my favorite yoga spots, Santa Monica Power Yoga- West on 2nd Street.

The teachers here provide a hard-core power vinyasa yoga style. This is a faster paced style that gets your heart rate up and challenges the body to do several styles of poses that vary from standing to sitting poses. You are promised to get a ridiculously sweaty workout in and you will leave calm, relaxed, and like you just got your butt kicked. The studio rooms get very hot mostly from your body heat and heat induced by other practicing students. This studio is donation-based (suggested donation is $14) which is great because it provides yoga to those who just want to practice and people can donate what they are able to.

Tonight, I took Travis's class. His classes always push me to challenge myself and just go for it. I don't normally get to take his classes as they are usually during the week at 4:30pm or 6:00pm, so when I do get to take his class its a treat! In this class, I accomplished a few wrapped binds which is pretty great as I consider myself a level 1 student. It was a hot and sweaty class, and I just let the stress from the week melt away.

Ahh! It's only Thursday! One more day till the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment