Mantra Monday: Set Intentions Daily

Today's mantra is set an intention daily.

I used to get very confused in yoga when a teacher would tell me to set my intention for the class (usually done at the beginning of the class). In turn, I started to set goals for myself during each class. I would try to hold certain poses a little longer, try something new, or make myself go to my ultimate edge.

Recently, I learned that there is a big difference between setting an intention and setting a goal for yourself.

When you set a goal for yourself, you are striving for a particular outcome in the future. When you set an intention, you set a focus on something that is going on in the present. This can be something that is going on around you and your life or it can simply be a focus on just breathing. Whatever it is, it should be something that will help you through what is going on right now rather than what is to come. Sometimes I even set my intention for someone in my life that needs good energy coming their way. Setting an intention will help you live in the moment and really enjoy life as it is.

So take a minute and revel in the present and set an intention each and every day.

Happy Mantra Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment